BA (Hons) Business Studies
Bachelor of Arts with Honours
University of Bedfordshire
Undergraduate (QCF_NQF Level 6)
Full time - Classroom
At least one of the following:
• 2 A level passes (minimum C and D)
• OR Successfully complete Foundation year (from a recognised university or HE institution)
• OR Successfully pass Year 12 with overall average marks of 80% or above
Additional: Normally GCSE in English and Mathematics at grade C Consideration will be given to mature students without conventional qualifications, and business experience may be taken into account.
IELTS score of 5.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in any subcomponent. Students with lower IELTS grade may be eligible for pre-sessional English course before the main course.
A wide range and variety of assessment methods are used throughout the course. This is deliberate so that you have the chance to maximise your chances of doing well by playing to your strengths. Some of the different kinds of assessment are listed below:-
- Reports: you analyse a business problem and propose solutions
- Presentations: present proposals as if to your boss, a board or a client
- Time-limited tasks: on a set day, you will be given a task which you will need to complete in a set time, such as 48 hours or five days
- Academic writing: used to demonstrate clear, critical thinking, you might be asked to write an essay or a short summary of a theoretical debate
- Appraisals: just as in business, you use appraisals to assess your own learning and to set your personal and academic development objectives
- Projects: these are assessed in a number of ways depending on the task defined by our business partner. Typically, you will need to prepare an analysis, report or presentation which is suitable for the business partner and a longer piece of work which sets out the “behind the scenes” work which underpinned the output for business. It is in the longer work that we expect to see explicitly your application of theory and critical thinking which underpin good practice. You will usually also prepare a project review
- Project reviews: you analyse and evaluate the way you worked on a project and set out how you would work more effectively on a similar task in future
- Exams: as well as conventional exams using set questions and case studies, exams can be the outcome of a group task. You might work on a large task together and then sit an exam to show your individual learning from the task
For all assignments you will have an assignment brief which clearly sets out what is required and you will be given the criteria which your tutors will use to mark your work. In some cases you will be involved in developing the criteria used to assess work, to grade your own work and to grade the work of your fellow students: this is all part of developing your understanding of the assessment standards and what is needed to do well at a task.
You will receive prompt constructive feedback on all your assessments which is designed to help you improve your work.
Post-graduate study, for example Taught Masters courses in Business Administration, Business and management, Human Resource Management, Project Management.
On completing this course you are likely to progress to a career in a wide variety of industries.
Main learning outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:-
Graduate impact statements
The course has been designed to develop graduates who are able to:
Choose Business Studies BA (Hons) degree at Bedfordshire and:
I like their transparency, I adore their consultancy, I admire their expertise and I respect their attitude. They have identified my career needs and addressed them with a matching course for me. Total Student Care, the name speaks of their services.Saurav Datta, MBA graduate
Total Student Care (TSC) helped me to choose the right university for my Master degree. I achieved 78% marks in my final dissertation; this would have never been possible without getting the academic advice and motivation from TSC.Nova Ahamed, MSc International Marketing graduate
My experience with Total Student Care (TSC), the higher education expert education consultancy is pleasantly enriching and highly rewarding. They have provided me first class servces in the most conductive atomosphere; and been real inspiration throughout my student life in the UK.Geenita Kauroo, MBA graduate
Total Student Care (TSC) is a distinctive education agent with great organisational skills. They have positive attitude and been clinical to my needs. They have not only found a solutions for my problems but also created value for it.Nelum P S Dahadarage, MA in Leading Innovation and Change Graduate
I was having difficulty in finding my place at university. On a former student’s suggestion, I contacted Total Student Care (TSC). Through their guidance and service, I was able to secure admission for MSc course at BPP University.Syed M Ali Shah, MSc Management student
They are widely knowledgeable, very resourceful and highly trusted, they have taken total care of my admission with great responsibility, they have played an important role in fulfilling my ambition, they are Total Student Care (TSC).Md Kowsar Hamid Soud, MSc Project Management student
Total Student Care (TSC) mapped my success route as per my academic and career vision. With their guidance, I achieved a BA (Hons) Degree and I am now about to complete my MSc Management programme under a top university in the UK.Ubong Okon Obong, MSc Management student
Total Student Care (TSC) helped me designing my academic goals and career targets. They supported me with help & guidance from admission till graduation. I am highly grateful to them for their honest and professional advice.Roksana Sharmin Disha, MSc MBM graduate
When I was struggling to take admission for my master degree programme, Total Student Care (TSC) provided me the right direction in choosing course and university. They completed the whole process so smoothly and professionally that I almost did not notice when I became an MSc student.Md Mizanur Rahman, MSc Finance student