Most of the students planning to study abroad consult an ‘education agent’ sometimes referred to as an education advisor, counsellor or consultant. A good education agent can help you to choose the right course at the right institution with right directions for your academic and career progressions. They can provide you one-stop student services and save you time, money – they can also save you from accidental/wrong decisions. They earn synergic benefits for you from your investment in the higher education overseas.
British Council, the UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities, is committed to working with quality agents who represent UK institutions. British Council’s work with agents, advisors, counsellors and consultants centres around promoting and supporting quality, professionalism and integrity.
Training is core component of British Council’s agent strategy. The training programmes are rigorous and highly valued by the partners. The traning ensures that trained agents
- have acquired the skills and resources needed to give relevant, accurate and trustworthy information about living and studying in the UK through;
- keep their professional knowledge up-to-date, with regular recertification and assessment required to remain on this list of British Council trained certified agents;
- have signed up to British Council’s guide to good practice that details conduct with integrity and high standards, and promotion of UK education in a professional and ethical manner.
Agents that are listed in the British Council’s Global Agent List (GAL) have all successfully passed British Council training programmes, starting with Education UK Certificate for agents/advisors, and subsequently the British Council Advanced Agent Certificate (BCAAC). The Advanced Agent Certificate cover a minimum of 35 hours CPD.
Total Student Care (TSC)’s Chief Executive, K M Enayet Hossain gained Education UK Certificate in 2012 and British Council Advanced Agent Certificate (BAAAC) in 2014. Please CLICK HERE (http://www.bcagent.info/gal/search.php?member_country=None&member_business_name=total+student+care&member_family_name=) for more information.
- UK education and training system; courses and qualification
- Benefits of studying and living in the UK
- Lifestyle – travel, accommodation, living costs, welfare
- Course fees and scholarships
- UK application procedures, entry requirements
- Quality assurance
- Visas and immigration
- Marketing and promotion
- Professionalism and ethics