At a glance
BPP University known as University for the Professions is a private university specialising in law, business, finance, accountancy, banking, technology, chiropractic, dentistry, nursing, psychology and healthcare. The university is a UK degree-awarding body with four schools: BPP University School of Business and Technology, BPP University Law School, BPP University School of Health and BPP University School of Nursing.
BPP University takes its name from the surname initials of Alan Brierley, Richard Price and Charles Prior who founded a college in 1976 to provide exam training to accountancy students. However, the modernised full form of BPP is Business Professional People.
In 1992, BPP founded its Law school which was the founding school of what is now BPP University. BPP Law School soon became one of the leading Law Schools in the UK. In 2005 the law school joined forces with the newly formed BPP Business School under the name BPP University College. In 2010, BPP won the Education Investor award for 'Post-16 Education Provider of the Year'. BPP introduced BPP School of Health in 2011 & BPP School of Foundation and English Language Studies in 2012.
In August 2013, BPP University College was granted full university status, and renamed BPP University Limited.
In November 2013, BPP University became the winner of the “Higher Education & Professional Education Provider of the Year 2013-14” award by Education Investor.
BPP is Europe’s largest specialist professional education, training and publishing provider with over 40 years of experience. BPP are the only provider with ACCA Platinum approval for both student tuition and study materials - its Learning Media is the only ACCA Platinum approved provider for content. In external professional body examinations, BPP Professional Education’s pass rates and excellent results are testament to the sheer quality of the university’s training and study.
BPP’s award-winning Law School is the first choice LPC provider for a number of the UK’s top law firms, who send their newly selected trainees to the School to undertake the mandatory course before they begin their training contract.
BPP is UK's only university solely dedicated to business and Professions. The university offers a strong commercial approach, within a business culture designed to help students stand out in the workplace after they graduate. The programmes are designed in partnership with employers and respected professionals in the fields of law, business, finance and health.
BPP University's aims are to promote excellence in professional education by being forward-thinking, progressive and innovative, to bridge gap between education and professional practice, to inspire and challenge tomorrow's business and professional people in a supportive learning environment.
Facts & figures
Type of Institution
Higher Education Provider (HEP). Student Sponsor - Track Record
London, Croydon, Cambridge, Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester (England)
International Student No.
THE World University Ranking
THE UK University Ranking
NSS Overall Student Satisfaction (THE)
NSS Overall Student Satisfaction Rank
Why Choose BPP University
BPP University is different from traditional universities, the university does not focus on academic knowledge only, but translate those to professional skills and competencies, BPP Professional Education is one of Europe’s leading specialist providers of professional education, it is the UK’s only university solely dedicated to business and the professions.
- The university bridge the gap between education and professional practice by being forward thinking, progressive and innovative and thus promote excellence in professional education.
- At BPP professional teachers teach students to be professionals on graduation and be prepared for professional career.
- The university offers strong commercial approach within a business culture designed to help students stand out in the workplace after they graduate.
- The university brings workplace into classrooms when providing tuition – the tuitions are arranged in small groups, seminars, interactive discussion, presentations in an environment that simulates real workplace.
- BPP’s tutors, most of whom have real-world practitioner experience, not only ensure you have the practical skills and academic knowledge needed for success, but that you also have the competitive edge that makes you stand out.
- The university helps you with every aspect of establishing your career; from personal consultations, careers events and CV preparation to job searches, application forms and mock interviews.
- BPP programmes are designed in partnership with employers and respected professionals in the fields of law, business, finance and health.
- BPP courses are accredited by a range of professional bodies including the Association of Chartered Certificate Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Management Accountants (CMI) and Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the Bar Standards Board (BSB), Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- A Platinum Approved Partner of ACCA, BPP deliver industry leading pass rates consistently 20% above the global average.
- The university’s Professional Development and Planning skills module is a unique module that marks the university’s distinctive feature from others. The module give access to over 90+ hours of professional development, workshops and events that equip students with key employability skills and opportunity to gain ‘BPP Career Ready’ certificates as evidence of skills and competence.
- 92.4% of BPP undergraduate students go straight in to graduate level employment or further study within six months of graduating (Based on Destination of Leavers from Higher Education 2016/17 survey results published by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) and BPPU’s 2018 Postgraduate Destinations Survey).
- 95.6% of BPP postgraduate students go straight into employment or further study within six months of graduating (Based on Destination of Leavers from Higher Education 2016/17 survey results published by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) and BPPU’s 2018 Postgraduate Destinations Survey).
- BPP University Law School leads legal education. The school has won Bar Transfer Test (BTT) award by the Bar Standards Board (BSB) and the university’s Pro Bono Centre’s projects have won several awards. 60 leading law firms work with BPP Law School – BPP University educates professionals from 4 out of 5 magic circle law firms on an exclusive basis.
- BPP University deliver training to employees in 90% of FTSE100 companies, trains talent from the Big 4 accountancy firms, educates professionals in 9 of the top 10 professional services firms and trained 2/3 of all accountants in England and Wales at some point in their career.
- BPP University ranks 1st place against the Russell Group of 24 leading universities for postgraduate students in employment in highly skilled occupations.
- BPP University trains employees in all of the top 10 UK banks & 9 of the 10 leading global investment banks.
- BPP University has study centres in towns and cities across England, so you can study at a centre that suits you. All of them are located near centres of business, finance or healthcare, giving the university close contact with many of the business and institutions that set the standard for graduate recruitment in the UK.
Question about this University