University of Bedfordshire
At a glance
University of Bedfordshire, also known as Beds is popular for its vibrant & cosmopolitan student Population. Beds is a modern, innovative university with a heritage of top quality education going back more than 100 years.
The University offers a full range of Foundation, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research courses across four faculties – including University of Bedfordshire Business School, Faculty of Creative Arts, Technologies & Science, Faculty of Education & Sport, and Faculty of Health & Social Sciences.
The high quality of teaching is one of biggest reasons students come to Bedfordshire. Many of Beds highly qualified academic staff have received National Teaching Fellowship Awards for their outstanding contribution to teaching and learning.
Beds courses are grounded in a creative approach to teaching which blends theory with practice. Academic staff across all disciplines have substantial industry experience and maintain links with professional bodies so students at Beds benefit from teaching that is underpinned by real world application. Through their own research and consultancy engagements with leading global organisations, Beds staff help students to make the transition into employment.
The University nurtures students to become educated, employable and entrepreneurial global citizens and committed to becoming the University of the Student Experience. The university is dedicated to provide every possible support that students require to be successful academically and professionally.
The University of Bedfordshire has 5 campuses including Luton Campus, Bedford Campus, Aylesbury Campus, Milton Keynes Campus, Putteridge Busry Campus. International students are normally provide teaching in Luton and Bedford campuses. Bedfordshire was subsequently awarded Silver in 2017, Gold in 2018 and Platinum in 2019 in the EcoCampus award scheme, a national Environmental Management System (EMS). Bedfordshire has also maintained 8th position in the People & Planet UK University ‘Green League’.
Facts & figures
Type of Institution
Higher Education Provider (HEP). Student Sponsor - Track Record
International Student No.
THE World University Ranking
THE UK University Ranking
NSS Overall Student Satisfaction (THE)
NSS Overall Student Satisfaction Rank
Why choose University of Bedfordshire
At University of Bedfordshire many and much more added value with your degree. A student oriented and career focused university, Bedfordshire provides lots of facilities, resources and support during your study life and after your graduation so that students gain academic success and be ready for professional career.
- The university is a top 10 university in the UK for most improved teaching (National Student Survey, 2017). It ranked 12th for most improved learning resources and remained top 25 university for improving the student experience, top 20 for most improved academic support in the UK for continuous 4 years (National Student Survey 2013-2017).
- The University of Bedfordshire is a member of Association of Business Schools (ABS) and European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). The MBA courses of the University of Bedfordshire have won a national competition offered by the British Council in India. The University of Bedfordshire provides an MBM suite of one year courses to graduates who want to gain a solid foundation in Business and Management to improve their employability and career prospects.
- The university is in the top 10 in the UK for active graduate start-ups (HEBCIS, 2018).
- The university’s Business School is UK’s one of 21 Business Schools awarded the Bronze Award for start-up and business growth advice (Small Business Charter).
- In its Bedford campus, the Gateway building featuring provides high-quality teaching spaces, informal learning spaces, and lecture theatres (including a Harvard style lecture theatre); as well as a new student services centre at its Bedford campus. The campus also offers Physical Education and Sport Science Centre, Teacher Education Centre, four dance studios, campus gym, our four-storey campus library and a newly refurbished Students' Union social space
- Bedfordshire’s Luton campus has a brand-new STEM building, 7 storey library and postgraduate & CPD centre. The campus provides Media Arts Centre hosting broadcast television and digital radio studios, extensive STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Laboratories & Workshops, a Moot Court, Business Pods, Healthcare Simulation Suites and Campus Gym.
- For Art & Design students, the university provides studio space spanning across three floors with each course having their own designated areas including the fashion and photography studios at Alexon Building - a former fashion house based in the centre of Luton's Cultural Quarter.
- The Luton campus Postgraduate & Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Centre provides State-of-the-art IT and AV equipment, lecture theatres including two Harvard-style lecture theatres, Informal learning spaces, high level bridge links to the Business School, quiet study areas, student lounge in its 5 storey building. This centre is exclusively designed for postgraduate students.
- The Luton campus modern 7 storey library has everything you would expect from a world-class university. The library is equipped with 50 laptops for loan, 530 PCs, 916 study spaces, 300,000+ books, 80,000+ ebooks and offers students silent-study rooms, group-work areas, presentation-practice rooms and a café. It is open 24 hours, 7 days a week for students.
- All students will have 24/7 access to BREO (Bedfordshire Resources for Education Online) – the university’s online learning environment. All students use BREO to access lecture notes, discussion boards, podcasts, blogs and announcements. It is web-based allowing access from anywhere with an internet connection, at any time.
- At University of Bedfordshire, every new student is given a Buddy – a current international student who can help you settle into student life quickly and easily. Buddies will provide you with anything from directions to find your lectures to helping you with accommodation or buying a sim card for your phone.
- The PAL (Peer Assisted Learning) is a unique scheme to help new students. It is owned by students - no staff, no formality. It is a safe, fun, structured yet informal space for 1st year students to explore and get to know their subject, their course, their university and their classmates, ask 'silly questions' that they wouldn't want to ask a lecturer.
- The University is dedicated to providing you best support possible during your time with them. Beds specialist teams in the International Office will take care of you from application and enrolment and throughout your student life so that you can focus on your studies. The university’s Professional Academic Development (PAD) team can help you if you are experiencing difficulty with your studies or if you want to develop your skills further.
- University of Bedfordshire offers accommodation in its ‘Student Village’ located in Luton. In its 2 buildings (Fitzroy Court and Wenlock Court), Student Village offers a range of modern, fully furnished, modern studios and en-suites containing fantastic communal recreational spaces, equipped gym and laundry facilities. Student Village is just 5 minutes away from the campus, 10 minutes from Luton Railway Station on foot.
- The university's award-winning ‘Careers & Employability Service’ aims to unlock your potential as a student or graduate and enable you to manage your future career. The Careers & Employability Service also manage the University of Bedfordshire skills award, The Edge. By using the service, students will access expert careers guidance, interview and selection test preparation, advice on developing CVs and invitations to careers fairs and employer events.
- The Bedfordshire Edge gives you an opportunity to gain formal recognition for extra-curricular activities (work experience, representation, clubs and societies, volunteering) in which you have participated. On completion of the award, you will receive a Bedfordshire Edge certificate, and your student record will be updated. The service also works proactively with a wide range of employers to develop engagement between employers, students and the university.
- Bedfordshire ‘Students' Internship Scheme’ (SIS) helps students gain valuable experience while studying at the University of Bedfordshire.
- The university's ‘EmployAble’ programme has been developed to support students in accessing all the initiatives across the University that will support them in building their personal employability skills and portfolio. The Employability Advisors will support you in reflecting on what the EmployAble programme has provided you and how to sell those transferable skills to future employers.
- The University offers a unique ‘Go Global’ mobility scheme which offers the opportunity to Beds students to experience other cultures and education systems which adds to their global education.
Question about this University