University of East Anglia
At a glance
University of East Anglia (UEA) is located in on a beautiful 320 acres parkland campus close to the city centre of the cathedral city of Norwich, which has been named as the 3rd safest student city in the UK (Telegraph 2015). It is home to Norwich Research Park, one of Europe’s biggest community of researchers in the area of environment, health and plant science.
Norwich is one of the most vibrant, historic and attractive cities in Europe, and is easily accessible by road, rail, bus, coach and air. Norwich International Airport offers direct flights to and from UK and international destinations, and London is less than 2 hours away by train.
The university offers one of the UK’s best study experiences with to its unique combination of an award-winning campus, thriving social life, and international reputation for academic excellence. UEA has consistently been rated as one of the best universities for student experience in the UK, and were recently voted as having the UK’s best campus environment (Times Higher Education 2016).
UEA was the first UK University to offer courses in Creative Writing, Environmental Science and Development Studies, and have been pioneering in these areas till now. The University offers a full range of Foundation, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research courses across four faculties – including Arts and Humanities, Medicine and Health Sciences, Science and Social Sciences.
UEA is a World Top 100 university for Research Excellence (Leiden Ranking 2016) with a global reputation for ground-breaking research, world-class teaching and some of the happiest students in the UK. It is one of Britain's premier research and teaching universities and is committed to achieving international standards of excellence.
UEA’s campus has won more than 20 architectural awards and ongoing multi-million pound investment continues to enhance our teaching and research facilities. Almost everything you could need is available on site – there’s a large food shop, post office and bakery, a bank, a 24-hour laundrette, restaurants, bars and even a Waterstones bookshop, plus a major European art gallery (SCVA).
Facts & figures
Type of Institution
Higher Education Provider (HEP). Student Sponsor - Track Record
International Student No.
THE World University Ranking
THE UK University Ranking
NSS Overall Student Satisfaction (THE)
NSS Overall Student Satisfaction Rank
Why choose University of East Anglia
The University of East Anglia (UEA) is a pioneering British university leading the way in fields like climate change, social work, creative writing, international development and more. Over the years UEA has grown to become a world-class university with state-of-the-art facilities and award winning buildings, including the iconic Grade 2 listed architecture that forms its foundation. It is an internationally renowned university based in a campus that provides top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to students.
- High Student Satisfaction – consistently in the top 5 in the National Student Survey for the last 11 years (2005-2016);
- University East Anglia is ranked 14th in the Times UK University Rankings and is in the top 1% of world higher education institutions;
- Joint first in teaching, academic support and assessment and feedback across all English universities;
- 100% guaranteed progression for successful pathway students;
- 94% of students are employed or in higher education six months after graduation;
- offers a rich range of extra-curricular opportunities and work experience that form part of the UEA Award;
- provides full support for your career development from the Careers Service at CareerCentral, located at the heart of our campus, as well as through the online portal MyCareerCentral - offers support through work experience, internships, volunteering opportunities, career events, enterprise, mentoring, coaching, and support with creating CVs and applications;
- UEA’s dedicated campus-based CareerCentral, helps students find part-time work, holiday jobs, work placements, and volunteering opportunities. Part-time work on campus is also available through UEA’s Student Helper and Ambassador schemes. Post-graduation support includes UEA’s Graduate Intern Programme which facilitates part-time (and full-time) work for between four and 12 weeks;
- provides many services that allow you to feel supported in your time at UEA, giving you space to focus on your studies and achieve your best. You will have your very own adviser to support you and UEA’s Student Support Service is a specialist team that is professional, proactive and approachable;
- provides some of the best student accommodation in the country. It has twice been ranked first in the UK by the Whatuni Student Choice Awards. UEA’s Student Union provides a service called Home Run which is a free house hunting guide;
- the Library is open 7 days a week 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The range of facilities are there to assist and support your work with a range of work spaces, group study rooms and IT facilities. There are 800,000+ volumes of books and journals with 15,000+ new titles being added each year for you to explore or access online;
- UEA provides high speed wireless internet throughout campus with dedicated IT labs and study spaces. There is a wide range of software and resources available that can be accessed on and off campus. UEA has an online portal where you can keep on top of your work, modules and timetables;
- UEA has its very own Medical Centre on campus to provide healthcare for students and it also includes a Dental Practice;
- Sporting facilities on campus are based at the £30 million Sportspark, which houses an Olympic-sized swimming pool and regularly hosts international athletic events. The Sportspark contains state of the art cardiovascular equipment alongside badminton and squash courts, a martial arts and dance studio, gymnastics centre and climbing wall. UEA also have floodlit tennis and netball courts, hockey pitches and a Soccerpark as well as an eight lane athletics track and a state of the art indoor cycle track
Tel: +44 (0)1603 593280
Question about this University